Home > Energy Savings
Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency
Revere® windows and patio doors are manufactured for comfort, durability and superior energy efficiency. And now, when you purchase qualifying Revere windows and patio doors you can earn a tax credit under the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012.
In accordance with the federal energy tax credit reinstatement, the legislation, known as H.R.8 - American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 has reinstated federal tax credits for eligible building components that improve energy efficiency. Eligible windows, doors and skylights must have a U-Factor of 0.30 or less, and a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of 0.30 or less.
How to qualify for the tax credit
- Purchase Revere windows or patio doors with a qualifying BarrierXP® Insulated Glass Package. A qualifying insulated glass package will be any glass unit that enables the window or patio door to achieve the required U-factor and SHGC of 0.30 or lower.
- Purchase and install qualifying products beginning January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2014 and meet all other criteria outlined in the federal tax code.
- Retain sales receipts and all NFRC, ENERGY STAR, and Manufacturer Certification labels and file with all other tax documents.
- Claim the tax credit associated with your qualifying purchase on your federal filing for the 2012, 2013 and2014 tax years.
Details of the 2012-2014 Energy Tax Credit Reinstatement
- Tax credit is for the cost of the product only and includes no installation costs. Make sure that you request a sales receipt that indicates product cost only.
- The tax credit is 10% of the cost (not including installation and labor costs), up to $200 for windows and skylights; and up to $500 for doors. The aggregate amount of the credit is limited to $500. Note: A taxpayer is ineligible for the credit if the credit has already been claimed in an amount of $500 in any previous year.
Revere expressly disclaims any responsibility for determining whether a particular product qualifies for the tax credit. Furthermore, Revere does not intend to and is not providing legal or tax advice and recommends that purchasers consult their own tax advisor to determine whether the products they purchase qualify for the tax credit. Please consult with a professional tax advisor or the IRS. Additional information can be found at:https://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=windows_doors.pr_taxcredits.
Windows Tax Certificate